Monday, March 23, 2009

Nurse Consult information...

Today Chris and I went in for our nurse consult visit. We were there from 9am till 11am. We learned a ton of info on my medications, how to administer them, what they are for and why I am taking them. We were able to ask all of our questions at that time and got all the information we needed. We got a tour of the the back area where they do the retrieval and transfer and the recovery area. My medications were ordered today as well. I am going to be on BCP's, (which I am on now), for 38 days total and today is ONLY day 11, UUHHGGGGGG! Then I am on 10 units of Lupron, (a injectable), for 16 days then down to 5 units a day until I finish the stimulating meds, (injectables), which sould be around the first week of May. While on Lupron I will also start Follistim and Menopur. These injections are done in the am and pm every day until I am told to stop. I will then do the HCG trigger shot and 36 hours after I have taken that, I will go in for the egg retrieval! Starting the day of the egg retrieval I will also be taking a shot called progesterone in oil and some antibiotic pills called Doxycycline along with a vaginal cream called Crinone. I will take those until I am told to stop. I will also be on a steroid called Medrol after the egg retrieval. LOTS OF MEDS!! I am sooooo happy that I work in the health care industry because I know a lot about these drugs along with how to administer them, mix them and how to inject them! Its a big help to know those things... trust me! Also, I have to say that my insurance is great on medication copays. The total cost of my meds are $188!! If I did not have coverage it would be $2, 465!! I am soooo happy about that!

So now I just keep taking the BCP's and then start the Lupron injections on April 17th and then I don't go in till April 27th!!! That's a BIG WAIT until then! During that visit I will be doing blood work and a ultrasound. I will be starting the stim meds a few days after that!!!

My estimated dates for the egg retrieval are May 5-11, then the transfer will be anywhere from 2-6 days after the retrieval. I will know at the end of May or the first week of June if I am pregnant or not.... I know I will be!

No comments: