Monday, March 16, 2009

Please...

A little something I read that is so true...

~Please treat me as though I am in crisis. I am. I can and will cry at the drop of a hat. I am sad, angry, scared, excited, hopeful, worried, and nervous.
~Please DO NOT tell me that you know how I feel unless you, yourself, have endured and IVF cycle. This is more difficult on me than you know.
~Please treat me with kid gloves, as I am hanging on by a very thin emotional thread.
~Please see that everything is not business as usual in my life, household and heart.
~Please call, write, or send me an e-mail.
~Please give me books or magazines that I can leave in my car for reading during the endless streams of medical waiting rooms that I will visit over the next month.
~Please bake, cook, or order in food for my household. We need to eat and I am out of commission.
~Please permit me a clear calendar and excuse my involvement in other activities, as my days are filled with tests, results, endless appointments, phone calls, decisions, physical discomfort, and fatigue.
~Please offer to go with me to an appointment or even drive me there.
~Please excuse my lack of interest in everything else. Remember what I said about crisis?
~Please give me permission to do what I need to do, be it laugh, cry, sit around, or be really, really active in something
~Please help our around my house by washing a few dishes, vacuuming a room, or taking my dog for a walk. Remember that my husband is overwhelmed and in need of support as well!
~Please let me know that you are supporting me even if the cycle tanks. That is my biggest fear and the hardest thing to talk about.
~Please remind me that I am strong enough to endure this, as I am sure to forget along the way.
~Please don't ask me if I am pregnant. If and when that occurs, I will sing it from the highest rooftop.

No comments: