Monday, April 27, 2009

Egg Transfer Today!

I just got back from my egg transfer! Everything went great. I had to drink about 3 large glasses of water before we got there so they can see my uterus better during the ultrasound. That part was not very fun. I had to pee sooooooo bad! Anyways, Chris and I went into this little sitting room and I had to get undressed and Chris had to wear a scrub outfit over his clothes. The embryologist came into the room and explained the procedure and told us all about our little eggs. She said they were perfect! The best grade and quality you could ask for. After she left, we waited for the nurse to take us into the room for the actual transfer. Then she came and got us and brought us into this special procedure room. I sat in this chair that literally could of dumped me on my head, that how far back it was tilted! Chris was sitting to the side of me and then Dr. Karande came in the room and did what he needed to do. It was almost painless. The pressure on my bladder was horrible. I hated that part! Anyhoo, after about 4-5 minutes, it was over! I am now laying on the couch with 2 little eggs floating around inside my uterus!! Now I get the joy of waiting for my first pregnancy test, which wont be till after Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

Wits End said...

GET OFF THE COMPUTER!!! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE COUCH AND I KNOW YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT ON THE COUCH!! i'm leaving now and i better find you on the couch!!!!

Rebecca said...

watch them multiply and you turn out to be the next jon and kate plus 8! ahhh!

Gramma said...

oooooh I can hardly bear all this excitement, how do you do it!!! I go from crying to laughing and right now I am in absolute AWE! can you imagine those little eggs and all they have to do yet...! God take good care of them and help them on their journey..
Rachael, I Love You....

Auntie Mary said...

I am praying for TWINS! How cool would that be ... at then I might get a turn holding a baby because I don't think your Mom and Grandma will let anyone have any turns ... :-) ... You and the babies are in my prayers! Love You!