Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grow Follies, Grow!...but not too fast!

Today I had my day 5 blood work and ultrasound done, (It is day 5 of me bieng on the stim injections). My appointment was at 8am this morning! Everything looks great and I seem to be moving along quickly, thank GOD! My estrogen level was 721. I have 8 follicles on my left ovary measuring at 11,11,11,10,10,7,7, and they didn't say what the other one was. It probably was small. I have 12 follicles on my right ovary measuring at 13,12,11,10,10,10,10,10,9 and they didn't say what the other ones were either. 10 seems to be my lucky number. And by the way, a follicle is basically a fluid filled bubble that holds one egg. When your follicles measure at about 20, then they are mature. There is no guarantee that a mature follicle will even hold any eggs though. Anyways, I go back I tomorrow for more blood work and another ultrasound at 9:15am. I will get those results in the late afternoon. Enjoy my 'illegal' pictures...(Chris thinks they are illegal because I didnt ask permission to take them. Whatever Chris...)
Here's Dr. Karande's office!
Here's me in the ultrasound room showing you pictures of my uterus and ovaries, (you really cant see them in these pic's). I come in here every visit to get ultrasounds done. Chris snuck this picture! Yes, I know I look like pooh, but it was 8am on Sunday morning!!
Here's the lovely chair I get to lay in for my ultrasounds.


Here's the waiting room were I get little panic attacks in! Haha! Just kidding!


Here's Chris in the waiting room getting mad at me because he thinks I should of asked if it was 'ok' to take these pictures. Shut up Chris!








3 comments:

Wits End said...

oh i'm so glad you posted pics of the place you spend so much time in...it's great to be able to 'visualize' what you are going through! Sounds like the meds are doing what they are supposed to do, and that's perfect! so can they tell if any follicles actually HAVE eggs in them at any point?????
happy hugs!
mom

Rebecca said...

haha you dont need permission to take a pic of an office..the only prob you would have is if other patient info was around..like HIPPA stuff..and even then..WHO CARES!
And mom said the puppy looked like a hippo too..he was a bit tired when we got there so most of the pics he looks drugged up! I get to get him on that sat of mothers day! Ill be bringing him to moms/grams on sunday too..so if you come out youll get to see him!

Gramma said...

I waited all day to hear about your ultrasound today, talk about 'nervous nanny', I think I need a pill or something....I'm becoming a basket case..anyhow I was soooooo happy when your Mom came over to give us the info, I finally took a long breath...it sounds like everything is moving along as should be, no surprises, GOOD! and Thank the Lord!
Ladies, let's keep the prayers going, they really do help!