Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh Lupron... you are no fun.

Well the Lupron is definitely kicking in. I feel extremely tired, bloated, nauseated and I have the night sweats and hot flashes. Not fun! Small price to pay for a baby though. I am just resting and eating every couple hours to make the symptoms feel a lot less. I also went in today for another blood test. I got a genetic test done called Thalassemia. I should get the result by late next week. Its not a big deal and will not effect my IVF cycle.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

saltines and 7up/sierra mist! and ask for zofran if it gets bad..my life savor!

MUM#3 said...

yuck! I never had to have Lupron, but I can tell you that progestrone in oil is a real miserable shot - takes forever to get it in and it hurts for weeks (to say nothing of what it did to my emotions with the hormone addition!). yuck. But that wasn't for fertility. It was for other stuff.

Interesting that you are being tested for Thalassemia. My youngest has that (Beta trait). She has the mild version thankfully.

Hang in there! Better things are ahead.


Linda M (your mom's cyber friend)